- raise awareness of abuse of older people
- strengthen collaboration and referral among service providers to identify, respond to, and prevent abuse
- promote early intervention in situations of abuse or suspected abuse
- provide peer support amongst members about dealing with abuse or suspected abuse
in the local government areas of City of Sydney, Woollahra, Waverley, Randwick, and Bayside.
The Collaborative’s members are service agencies and community representatives from the area. These include aged care and health providers, local councils, legal agencies, and advocacy and advice services.
Chair of the Collaborative is the Eastern Sydney CHSP Sector Support and Development Officer, from Inner Sydney Voice.
The Ageing and Disability Commission has many resources providing information about abuse of older people, and help to assist you if you think someone may be abused. This includes:
- translated information about the Commission, for people whose first language is not English
- training about abuse and how to identify it.