The Aged-Care Sector Support & Development Officer provides support to Commonwealth Home Support Programme (CHSP) services in the Eastern Sydney region, comprising the Local Government Areas of the City of Sydney, Woollahra, Waverley, Randwick and Bayside East (former Botany Council area only). The project looks at bigger picture issues such as:
- promoting and advocating for the CHSP and the government’s aged care reforms
- planning and development of CHSP services, and identifying emerging needs for services
- assisting CHSP services to collaborate and explore best practice
- assisting with the identification and coordination of relevant service training
- promoting consumer involvement, including consumers with special needs
- reporting important issues to the funding bodies
- producing promotional material about CHSP funded services
- informing and assisting services in the Region to respond to and implement programme initiatives.
These issues are explored collaboratively by CHSP services through the Eastern Sydney Home Support Forum.
We produce a regular email update on aged-care issues. To subscribe fill in the form below:
CHSP services help older people to stay independent and well in their own homes, by providing a range of supports such as domestic assistance, personal care, meals, transport, social support, nursing, and allied health. These services are provided by many different organisations that may specialise in particular types of service, and have specific knowledge, expertise and skills. Services may be run by community-based organisations, councils, government agencies, charities, churches or private companies. For people, including doctors and service providers, looking for a CHSP service in Eastern Sydney, please download our Eastern Sydney Home Support Brochure.
Eastern Sydney Home Support Forum
The Eastern Sydney Home Support Forum is a meeting place for CHSP funded and related services helping older people in the region. There are very strong networks between CHSP services in Eastern Sydney, with some staff having worked alongside one another in the CHSP sector for many years. These strong networks are important to ensure that coordinated and quality services are provided in our region. A local community-based approach to service provision helps tap into a supportive community to help frail aged people, and helps their families and carers feel valued and cared for.
The Terms of Reference set out the aims and key activities of the Eastern Sydney Home Support. The aim of the Forum is to:
- support the development and delivery of quality services to the CHSP target group in response to identified needs;
- facilitate effective information flow between stakeholders;
- provide a basis for joint advocacy on CHSP related issues; and
- support the wellbeing and effective functioning of member agencies.
This is achieved through a combination of regular meetings, working parties and cooperative action.
The Sector Support & Development Project convenes two local collaborative groups, the City of Sydney and Eastern Sydney Abuse of Older People Collaborative, and the Eastern Sydney Digital Inclusion Working Group.
Eastern Sydney Digital Inclusion Working Group
The Eastern Sydney Digital Inclusion Working Group is a group of local services working to improve the ability of vulnerable people to get and stay online. The Working Group does this by working on three main issues:
- access to digital infrastructure, such as wifi and cable access
- access by individuals to devices and data
- training and support for people to get and stay online
The Working Group has produced the Eastern Sydney Ageing and Disability Digital Inclusion Directory which lists services in the area that assist people with these issues.
For further information about the Eastern Sydney Sector Support & Development Project please contact Tim Horton, Sector Support & Development Officer, on email@example.com or 02 9698 7784.
The Eastern Sydney Sector Support & Development Project is funded by the Australian Government Department of Health, as part of the CHSP.
- Human Service Delivery