The Central Sydney North Tenant Participation Resource Service (CSNTPRS) is funded under the NSW Department of Family and Community Services and Housing NSW. The Service is operated by the Inner Sydney Regional Council for Social Development Inc.
The Service is open to all public, community and Aboriginal housing tenants and applicants who live in the following Local Government Areas: Hornsby, Hunters Hill, Ku-ring-gai, Lane Cove, Leichhardt, Manly, Marrickville, Mosman, North Sydney, Pittwater, Ryde, Sydney City, South Sydney, Warringah and Willoughby.
- Advice, referral and tenant advocacy;
- Departmental liaison and advice;
- Tenant engagement;
- Community building; and
- Partnerships, networks and linkages.
What does the CSNTPRS do?
- provide support and free training in tenant participation to tenants and tenant groups;
- encourage opportunities for tenants to become involved in tenant participation and decision-making processes;
- resource new and existing tenant groups through Local Group Funding;
- support community development activities;
- provide information on social housing and other government and community issues and services;
- referral to government and community based services;
- advocacy for tenant groups regarding housing and other related concerns; and
- provide opportunities for community engagement.
- Waterloo Neighbourhood Advisory Board (NAB);
- Redfern NAB;
- Surry Hills NAB;
- Surry Hills Public Tenants’ Association;
- Joanna O’Dea Tenant Group;
- Ivanhoe Place Tenant Group, Ryde;
- Woolloomooloo NAB;
- Millers Point Estate Advisory Board;
- Greenway Tenants Group, Milsons Point;
- Purcell Tenant Group;
- Glebe Area Tenants Group;
- Blandville Court Tenants Group, Gladesville;
- Dora St Area Tenants Group, Marsfield; and
- Erskineville Estate Tenant Group.