Stay Informed & Independent With the Latest CHSP Brochure

30 January 2024 | Posted In: News

As you get older, everyday tasks can become more difficult. Asking for help doesn’t mean losing independence or moving out of home. We’ve developed a brochure with all the Commonwealth Home Support Programme (CHSP) services available in your area. CHSP helps older Australians access entry-level support services to live independently and safely at home. These services work with you to maintain your independence rather than doing things for you.

The Eastern Sydney and Suburbs of Sydney Home Support Services brochure lists all Commonwealth Home Support Programme (CHSP) services that support older people living in the City of Sydney, Woollahra, Waverley, Randwick, and Bayside local council areas.

CHSP services help older people to stay independent and well in their own homes, by providing support for the following activities:

  • personal care
  • cleaning
  • shopping
  • meals
  • transport
  • spending time and staying in touch with friends and family
  • staying active and involved
  • nursing
  • therapy
  • home modifications and maintenance, including gardening
  • equipment to help with mobility and communication

Some organisations specialise in providing one or two of these types of service, while other organisations provide a range of services.

Some of these services specialise in helping specific groups of older people, including:

  • people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds
  • Indigenous people
  • homeless people
  • people with dementia
  • people who hoard

Some organisations provide specialised support.  For instance, they may provide advice on continence, or provide advice on devices that can help you stay living at home.

For hard copies of the brochure, contact Saskia on, or you can download a PDF version here.

Help with aged care

You must be registered with My Aged Care, and assessed by a Regional Assessment Service or Aged Care Assessment Team, before you can receive CHSP services.

If you speak a language other than English, and you need help with My Aged Care, you can ask for help from Encompass Connectors.  Anyone wanting to get aged care can call an Aged Care Specialist Officer at Services Australia for basic assistance.

If you or someone you know has real difficulty finding or using aged care, you can call a Care Finder.