The City of Sydney is offering a FREE online fundraising and grant application training taking place on Tuesday, 10 November.
This training is part of its Connect Sydney program funded by the Department of Communities and Justice to build the capacity of the not-for-profit sector. It is primarily for organisations that support and provide services to children, young people, families and communities experiencing or at risk of vulnerability within the City of Sydney local area.
If you’re responsible for fundraising — including grant writing in your organisation — and want to improve your knowledge and skills in writing successful grant submissions or securing more funding, this is the training for you.
Session One — fundraising (10am to 12pm) covers:
- How to plan for funding
- How to ask for money
- How to raise secure, unattached and predictable income
- How to rally the troops
- How to get business to support your community group
- How to ensure sponsors get what they expect
Session Two — grant application writing (1pm to 3pm) focuses on:
- The best way to present your proposal
- How to develop your statement of need
- How to develop an ‘organisational template’
- How to humanise your story
- How to do budgets
- How to align your programs with the funding body’s strategic priority