Family Drug Support (FDS) has developed a highly successful workshop for supporting families affected by someone’s alcohol and/or drug use. This workshop will outline the FDS model that will assist in working more effectively with families, give an overview of the services FDS offers and will provide information on various topics affecting families.
1. Gain knowledge of successful models of change for supporting families affected by someone’s drug issues.
2. Identify the stages that families experience and effective ways to respond.
3. Learn how to communicate more effectively with families in a work and/or professional situation.
4. Develop understanding and gain skills to assist families to build resilience and improve the outcome for both the person who uses the drug and the family.
5. How families access support, family’s needs and expectations.
Date and time:
Friday 19 February, 9.00am-2pm.
Club Burwood RSL, 96 Shaftesbury Road, Burwood, NSW 2134.