In 2015, Inner Sydney Regional Council for Social Development trading as Inner Sydney Voice developed a strategic plan for the next three years. You can download a full copy of the strategic plan.
Our vision To promote social justice and inclusion in the Inner Sydney Region.
Statement of Purpose Inner Sydney Regional Council for Social Development advocates for and supports community organisations and groups so as to build capacity of communities and people. Regional Council supports, resources, informs and advocates for community organisations and groups to increase the capacity and resilience of disadvantaged communities and people in our region.
- Access to community and human services;
- Urban environment and the impact of urban development; and
- Public transport and community infrastructure.
Our key aims are to
- Support people and agencies that support others
- Work with others to empower community and build resilience
- Resource social justice campaigns
- Work with others to improve access and equity to human services
- Work with social service providers to aid in the building of stronger communities through fostering of connections, and providing opportunities that enhancing community sprit
- Advocate for the community voice and the NGO sector to be heard, valued and respected
- Question and inform on social policies and NGO sector issues
- Provide leadership in the community and be recognised as an advocate for social justice.
Our agency values
- Respect for the diversity of our communities
- The principles of social justice and equity
- Good governance
- Equitable access to community and human services
- Commitment to community development
- Inclusive communities.
* Photo: Enis Jusufspahic at the ‘Moving at the Speed of Change Forum’